We’ve all forgotten to take our medicine at some time in the past! It’s human to forget a
dose or take it late, so don’t panic if it happens.
When we have a lot on our plates…career, kids and other obligations, our focus can accidentally get side tracked.
Brain fog can even trip us up!
Missed A Dose? Here’s What To Do:
- Avoid doubling up on your medicine
- Call your doctor or pharmacist for advice
- Work out a plan for your next dose with your pharmacist or doctor
- Talk with your pharmacist or doctor about any concerns you might have
Thankfully technology has made reminding us a heck of a lot easier.
For the busy bees, those who endure brain fog, and just enjoy having that extra layer of security there are great FREE apps available and some wow-factor tips!
Helpful Medication Reminder Apps:
- Smartphone alarm app
- Epsy app (for iOS and Android)
- Medisafe app (for iOS)
- Mango Health app (for iOS)
BONUS – Tips & Tricks:
- Take your meds at the same time every day
- Leave yourself notes to help you remember. (Post-it Notes on your bathroom mirror or nightstand)
- Use a pillbox with the days of the week
- Keep a calendar to write down doses and when refills are due
- Ask your pharmacist if they have reminder tops — caps with reminder alarms — for your medications
- Turn your bottle upside down after you take your pills, then turn it upright at the end of the day as a reminder to start fresh tomorrow
What resource(s) or tip(s) help you remember to take your medicine?
Post in the comment box!