“Trust the timing of your life.”
I strongly believe with all of my heart, that everything happens for a reason. That my epilepsy diagnosis was holding hands with a much bigger, grander plan than I could have understood in the very beginning. At the start of it all, I was a mess of emotions. Confused, angry, frustrated, frightened, weighted down with guilt. Over time, with the help of God, family and friends, I found my way and embarked on the journey. My eyes were opened and my heart began to heal. Not only did my heart heal but it began to swell. Swell with courage and compassion.
When you make the decision to not allow epilepsy to keep you down, when you take the hands of those you love and that love you (family and friends), when you embark on a mission of understanding and rising above your condition, an astounding turn-about can take place in your life. Immediately, I felt compelled to want to turn my life around for the better. Inside and out. Physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially, in all ways in order to battle back against the condition that was pushing me around. I was not going to be epilepsy’s punching bag another day. A light bulb metaphorically shone above my head and I smiled. Two words came to mind. “Thank you.”
Thank You Epilepsy Because…
- You’ve given me the initiative to make healthier lifestyle choices.
- You’ve given me the drive to fight harder to rid you from my life.
- You’ve given me the drive to fight harder to rid you from each and every persons life and existence.
- You’ve given me courage far greater than I could’ve thought possible.
- I look forward each morning to get up and Thank God for a brand new day of life.
- I am reminded how precious each breath I take is.
- I am reminded how each moment I am with family is. I cherish these moments as if they were my last.
- I have met some of the most amazing, inspirational people fighting the same fight as I. It is an incredible feeling to know that you are not alone in this journey.
- I have watched my family and I grow closer through this condition. A gift that continually gives. I am so happy.
- My husband and I’s marriage just keeps getting stronger. For better or worse. In sickness and in health.
- My relationship with God, my Heavenly Father is rock solid.
Thank you epilepsy for the positive things that you have introduced into my life and continually introduce into my life on a frequent basis when your job is to be a negative entity in ones life. You have failed. One day there will be a cure for epilepsy and epilepsy will be eliminated forever. Until then, we must do all that we can do to rise above epilepsy and think on a positive platform as often as possible. If we have trouble doing this or continually doing this, this is what family, friends and community is for. You are not alone in your journey.
How about you? If you were to take a moment to thank your epilepsy diagnosis for the positive things that it has introduced into your life what would you thank your epilepsy for? Share them in the comments section below!